Hot Cross Buns
- baking tray
For the buns
- 250 g Protein Pancake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk/mylk
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup dried fruit
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the crosses
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add 2 eggs, ½ cup milk, 1tbsp vanilla essence,3 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp apricot jam and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl add 250g Protein Pancake Premix, ½ cupdried fruit, 2 tbsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp mixed spice and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix until combined and add to your wet ingredients.
- Add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and bicarb and mix.
- Wet your hands and mould your mixture into hot cross bun shapesand place onto the baking tray.
- For the crosses combine 1 tbsp of flour, 2 tsp melted butter andsome water. Mix to combine.
- Put the mixture for crosses into a piping bag or zip lock bag andcut the corner off.
- Draw your crosses onto the moulded hot cross buns.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter and enjoy!